Thursday, November 19, 2009

Super turbo lottery ??

Analysed my superturbo mtt win from yesterday. Off course i must say that superturbo's are more a lottery then regular where blinds increase every 15 minutes, pure logic. But it isn't always as lottery as it seems.

Keyhands from yesterday :

1/ i have 1010 in LP with 1200 stack , blinds 100/200. I push, get called by QQ in SB, i suck out.
2/ i have 10dJd in LP with 1400 stack , blinds 200/400 , shortie pushes for 700 , i go over top , get called by AA on button. Flop 2 pair and get nice stack.3/
3/ i manage to steal blinds a few times to keep a good stack

Part 1 = twice lucky and some good steals. Standard stuff i'd say.

4/We are about 25 left ( 18 paid ) and i have 3500 chips, blinds 600/1200. UTG goes allin for 2000. I am sat UTG +2 with 77. Decision time. First of all , what does this guy have. OBV any pair will do, as will A-rag of 2 paints. So against him i have good odds to call. BUT : I take a good look at stacks behind me and see noone has more then 4K and BB only has 2.6K. As he allready invested 1200 it's only 800 for him to call the allin. So really i need to isolate the UTG. BUT i only have 3.5K , so how can i isolate ?? I clearly can't push any decent hand off this spot. If i push allin, it takes the BB 2.3K to call in a 9K pot .... That's 4/1 which makes it a almost must-call if he has anything.
I chose to fold, maintain my stack, hope for a quick bubble so i get a new table with a little bit of fold equity left when i push. So ; fold 77.
As turns out, very good decision : UTG shows 55 , BB called with A10 ; Ace hits flop. And i am glad i laid down 77 in this spot. I am sure 90% of players go allin there.
5/Bubble is gone and i get Qs9s UTG+1 with 2.5BB , i look at BB and he has like 300 left after putting in his blinds. So he will be obliged to call. I have him covered and hope for the rest to fold so i can isolate and i have like a 55/45 shot v BB. As planned all fold and BB calls with Q4. I double up.
6/Hand after i get KK UTG , which i obv push. 2 callers , flop KQQ and i'm chipleader when i triple up.
7/ Quick look at payout structure and i see very topheavy payout, so we play for top3now.
8/ We get to 3 left, blinds very high. I get 94 in BB ( blinds 10K/20K ), i have 39K left after paying BB, which means if i fold in this spot i have no more folding equity , nada... So when SB makes the expected push, i put him on anytwo and decide to call with any two as if i win i take him out and have a good shot at first which pays 300. And if i fold i am clearly shortie and good favourite for 3rd which pays 119. So i call, he shows A10. I hit 9 on flop, him ace on turn and me another 9 on river.
9/ HU's. I had seen this guy being reasonable tight. Thus he folds twice when being SB. I say , well i will try and steal then. I limp in SB , he checks. I c bet flop with complete air. He folds and i have 2/1 chiplead. Hand after he pushes allin, i get 59 and as i have him covered i decide to call. If i hit, i win. If i miss i push allin hand after.
I hit and i win.

OBV much luck , but still i really like my 77 fold as my analyse was spot on and everything happened as i though it would. If i call i'm out there in 25th. I'm sure if the guy who finished second gets 49 in the spot i did when SB put me allin, he would have folded. I played for first there, not scared and got rewarded.

Conclusion : superturbo are lottery, but some are better at these lottery-games then others. If u don't agree, check out Feeeefeee on sharscope on betfair account....

No comments:

Post a Comment