Thursday, December 30, 2010

Review and thoughts

Time to review 2010.

Personally it was a strange year , i had such a good time being home all year and watching my kid grow up, spending this incredibe time together was just amazing; I would do it all over again if i could. On the other hand we had to cope with 3 big losses in our lives , so it was a harsh year on that point of view. Just shows us all once again we can only live one day at a time , but we should also take full advantage of life all day. CARPE DIEM.

All these events led me to making some decisions. First of all i'm not going to be independent anymore ( i want to have time with the kiddo ) and second i'm not going to play poker full time ( various reasons : most importantly it's an age thing, plus the illegality in which poker still is situated in Belgium ). Plus i found this wonderfull job opportunity in the sales business, which with some luck should lead me to go live abroad in a few years ( big dream of mine )and it's now or never, if i don't take the job now the job is gone.

Pokerwise it's been very good. I played Betfair for the first part of the year and Stars for the second half. I made 10.4K $ which is very good considering my volume and hours of play i only put in. Played mostly 13$ 6max games , in which i really excelled to have a 17% ROI , thus a 2.2$ AVG profit. Zero losing months is also very good.
As for next year i won't put up too many goals as i will still have to see if i have any time left, beside work and the kiddo. I plan on buying a Dogue de Brodeaux in March, so that should take some of my time too. And then in summer i plan on buying a horse. So i will have less time, but need more money, guess i'll have to sleep less and play poker in the evening hours ...
I will continue to play the 13$ 6max games , mixing it up with some 25$ 6max games. And i will start playing more of the 12 and 18 man regulars too ( if i ever want to make it to the top of a SNG leaderboard on Stars this is the way to do it ).

Hope you all have a good end of the year, and ofc a good start of then new year.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. I'm about to review my year as well. Sorry for you're losses, I lost my 18 year old cousin this year. On the other hand 2.2$ avg on 13$ SNGs is really nice! So congratts on you're success!

    ReplyDelete