Thursday, November 11, 2010

Decision time

Hi all,

Recently i had to make a big decision.

Untill recently i had a succesfull business which i sold like 2 years ago. At the same time i had my baby boy Illian born and decided to take a 2-year career-stop. So i've been home the last 2 years enjoying all fun parts of life ....

But from this week on my son is going to school, my wife started her major in lawschool in october so i have to do something usefull too i guess.

I tought about playing poker professionally for quite a long time. I made all the calculations and working like 50 hours a week should make me like 4K to 5K $ a month. That is playing 13$ 6max while having 17%-18% ROI over last 1K games. So i make like 2.2$ per game and play like 10 an hour. 22$ per hour x 50 hours = 1.1K per week. Include some bonusses and we have like 5K per month.

Ofc with the aim to make the step to the 23$ games and make like 10 - 12% there : 2.8$ per game. Would make like 6.5K per month including bonusses.

TAX FREE !!!!!!!

But :

Do i want to spend 50 hours a week on my computer playing poker ??
Will online poker continue to excist in its current form ??
And i had many other issues ....

So i have this job offer as an export manager, which will allow me to travel alot and meet all kind of interesting people. Well, i decided to take the offer and should be signing my contract next week. I would start the job 1st December and am really excited about it.

One important side note : if i were 20 years old i would certainly choose for the poker lifestyle and play like 80 hours a week ( which would make me like 10K a month )!!!! But in my situation i just feel i'm making the right choice.

I do plan on playing poker in the future. And will keep all my winnings aside for my little boy untill he turns 18. He will have a nice start in life with my pokerwinnings then lol.

Will keep on blogging too.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment