Thursday, December 24, 2009

2009 summary - 2010 goals

Well 2009 has been a good year pokerwise. Started off rocketwise and then had a fallback in the summer to get better again near the end of the year. I guess it's due to variance. So i decided in 2010 i will beat the variance and play a huge amount of games in relation to what i normally play. For me this means putting in more more more hours. I normally 4-5 table and want to increase this also to 8-10. At the moment i'm playing the 18man 6$ games at Stars and i'm beating them hard at the moment. Once january ends i will have a bigger sample to se if i still beat them as hard as i do now and if that's the case i will move up to 18mans 16$. It's not a little jump from 6$ to 16$ but i'm used to playing 11 -15 $ games at Betfair so it's still in my comfort zone.

I have set myself some goals for 2010 pokerwise and it's the first time i do that , i really felt i needed it as otherwise you don't really care for a 6$ game after a while. So : i made GOALS !!!!!!!!! I will not post them yet but they are in my office and when i see a goal, i want to make it , so that's good.

Business wise i don't know what's going to happen. i'm still doing my stage for work , but i don't need to put in any hours in this office i work now. So maybe i change office in march - april if the poker doens't work out or bores me. The original plan was to start my own office around september but with the economy being as it is i don't reallt feel the urge to invest half of what i own/worked for in an insecure economy where it seems like the government only helps the ones who don't work/are illegal/have no good intentions instead of encouraging willing people like me. So if i can make a reasonable living out of poker without touching my savings and without paying 1euro in taxes i feel really comfortable for the time-being. I've fully paid off my mortgage last year and i mean it's the best thing i've ever did in my life , financially. It relieves me of any pressure and i'm able to take every decision i want now. I've been home for 1 1/2 years now and watched my kid grow up which was magnificent , and my wife is pregnant again so i might do it all over again lol , playing poker and earning my monthly needed money ;-)

Good holidays to all and have a good 2010 !!!! Saturday i'm off to the Cote d'Azur for a week ...........

No comments:

Post a Comment